Job Openings > Junior Credit Controller
Aspire Software is looking to hire a highly self-motivated Junior Credit Controller to join the Finance team and play a mission-critical role in helping to shape and develop the UK Finance Function!
The Junior Credit Controller will report to the UK Credit Controller at Aspire Software Group. We are creating a new remote finance team to work with various verticals within the portfolio. The Junior Credit Controller will assist with work across all entities within the portfolio. They will be an entrepreneurial team player for our financial function. This is a Junior-level position.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry!”
The successful candidate can be based anywhere within the UK, working from home, but will need to travel to the London office on an ad hoc basis!
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Monitoring aged debt across a portfolio of companies and industries
- Cash collection against monthly targets
- Daily usage of Excel for notetaking and Invoices for account management and housekeeping
- Attend regular meetings to report on cash collection and regular reporting to relevant stakeholders on KPIs
- Customer query management using a ticket helpdesk system
- Collaborating with the Finance Team: Work closely with the broader finance team to tackle queries, meet deadlines, and enhance existing processes
- Report to the Credit Control Lead, performing other duties as required and assigned by the manager
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in a fast-paced credit control environment
- You have a technology and process-driven approach, with a more nuanced, problem-solving focus towards debt recovery
- A bachelor's degree in Financial Accounting, Finance or a similar discipline is highly advantageous
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with strong capabilities within Excel (you must be comfortable handling large sheets containing power query tables/pivot tables, etc.)
- A genuinely curious mindset, capable of quickly learning new systems, and the desire to grow and develop over time
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and willing to take initiative
- A team player who loves a challenge and wants to eventually ‘own’ their area of the business
- Someone who is driven by life-long learning and continuous professional development
- A detail-oriented self-starter who thrives on process improvement and solving problems
- At least a professional level of English, both written and verbal, is essential
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.