Job Openings > Finance Manager
Finance Manager – Remote – UK
Aspire Software is looking to hire a highly self-motivated Finance Manager to join our growing Finance team and play a part in helping to shape and develop our Finance Function in the UK!
The Finance Manager will report to the Head of Finance within the Aphinity Software global portfolio, part of the Aspire Software Group. Aphinity Software is creating a new remote finance team, which will be working with a range of verticals within the portfolio. The Finance Business Partner will work with several entities within the portfolio and will also assist in the financial integration of new acquisitions. They will be an exceptional entrepreneurial team player for our financial function.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry.”
The successful candidate can be based anywhere within the UK, working from home, and willing to travel to London on an ad hoc basis!
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Working closely with the Managing Directors and the Portfolio Manager within the vertical to understand their businesses and needs
- Prepare quarterly forecasts
- Review revenue recognition and ensure accurate
- Analyse and discuss KPIs
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis
- Perform financial period close tasks and journal entries
- Own Balance Sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Own P&Ls, ensuring accurate and delivered on a timely basis
- Participate in the completion of audit engagements and compliance requirements
- Assist with VAT Returns and the accuracy of VAT reporting
- Participate in Cashflow forecasting and analysis
- Assist in financial integration for new acquisitions
- Participate in special projects and process improvements
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years post-qualification experience in Accounting and Audit
- Advanced Excel skills
- A genuinely curious mindset, capable of quickly learning new systems, and the desire to grow and develop over time
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and will take initiative
- A team player who loves a challenge and wants to eventually ‘own’ their area of the business
- Working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite ERP (or similar) is considered an asset
- Someone who is driven by life-long learning and continuous professional development
- Working remotely, based from home in the UK, with occasional travel
- A detail-oriented self-starter who thrives on process improvement and solving problems
- At least a professional level of English, both written and verbal, is essential
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.