Job Openings > Financial Accountant
Financial Accountant – Hybrid – Montreal
We are hiring at Aspire Software for a self-motivated Financial Accountant to join our growing finance team and play a mission-critical role in helping to shape and develop our Finance Function!
The Financial Accountant is responsible for assisting the Head of Finance within the Aspire Software global portfolio. They will work with a number of entities within the portfolio and will also assist in the financial integration of new acquisitions to the wider Aspire Software portfolio. They will be an exceptional entrepreneurial team player for our financial function.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry!”
The successful candidate can be based anywhere within the commutable distance of our office in Montreal, working in a hybrid work model!
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Perform financial period close tasks and journal entries
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Perform Intercompany transaction reconciliation and analysis
- Review postings to the nominal ledger and process corrections where necessary
- Payroll reconciliation and analysis
- Participate in the completion of audit engagements and compliance requirements
- Participate in Cashflow forecasting and analysis
- Analyse and discuss financial KPIs with the Senior Accountant
- Prepare ad-hoc performance analysis and management reporting
- Assist in financial integration for new acquisitions
- Participate in special projects
- Qualified accountant with at least 3+ years post-qualification experience in Accounting and Audit
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- A genuinely curious mindset, capable of quickly learning new systems, and the desire to grow and develop over time
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities, with the capability to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- A 'roll up the sleeves' attitude towards problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong business acumen and strategic mindset
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and will take initiative
- A team player who loves a challenge and wants to eventually ‘own’ their area of the business
- Someone who is driven by life-long learning and continuous professional development
- A detail-oriented self-starter who thrives on the process improvement and solving problems
- Proficiency, both written and verbal, in the English language is essential
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.