Job Openings > Managing Director WFM
Aspire Software is seeking to hire a Managing Director WFM (Workforce Management) to operate one of our Software businesses and potentially a vertical in Australia!
This position provides critical operational leadership to a company and potentially a portfolio of companies within a growing software vertical. As leader and manager of a Business Unit, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the business’s strategic plan spanning sales, R&D, customer service and professional services. Along with the rest of the Business Unit leadership team, the MD must identify, define, and execute the strategies required to achieve your growth plans and operating objectives with a focus on improving operational excellence.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
The successful candidate has to be based in either Melbourne / Adelaide / or Sydney , working from one of our offices!
What your day will look like:
• Work with the leadership team to set and execute on the strategy
• Full control and responsibility of the company's P&L
• Advance performance by driving improvements in revenue, profit, customer retention, loss prevention, and expense ratios
• Ability to review the operational plan and guide the functional leadership (Sales, R&D, Customer Service and Professional Services) into a focused ROI approach
• Regular monitoring and measuring of the priorities, providing coaching and guidance to team members as required
• Develop operations-related plans, budgets, policies, and procedures to achieve customer satisfaction and revenue targets
• Review, analyze and roll out strategic changes as it pertains to operational best practices and revenue-driven efficiencies
• Collaborate with senior management to set strategies, objectives and policies
• Drive P&L, ROI, EBITDA and ARR/ IRR performance of businesses and ensure companies are meeting organizational objectives
• Drive evaluation of acquisitions, due diligence and integration planning as it pertains to new company growth within your responsible vertical
• A natural ability to lead performance and financial health in a WFM business is essential
• A proven leader in Workforce Management industry in the region
• Bring a proven entrepreneurial spirit and pace-setter traits
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical or business discipline, MBA, or advanced degree, a plus
• 10+ years of direct cross-functional team management experience and P&L management
• 5+ years of executive-level experience in a vertical market software company
• Experience working in either a Software or Technology business as a COO, Managing Director or CEO within the WFM industry is mandatory
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal, is essential
• Financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., managing a P&L, understanding financial documents, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
• Ability to structure, analyze, and solve complex business problems, as well as deliver impact against concrete business goals
• Excellent Leadership, communication, and organizational skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• A "roll up the sleeves" attitude towards problem-solving
• Goal-oriented with comfort in setting measurable goals for others and him/herself
• Comfortable working independently as well as in a team
• Ability and willingness to create change, passion for continuous improvement
• 30% travel required for internal and customer meetings.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Australia
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.