Job Openings > Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer – Hybrid – Kreuzlingen
We are hiring at BDK Informatik AG for an Application Support Engineer to join our growing team based in Kreuzlingen, Switzerland, who provide Software for transport, logistics and communication!
The Application Support Engineer will become part of the Professional Services and Support team, providing support to customers, implementing and maintaining our solutions for customers.
Here is a little window into our company: BDK was founded in 1981 with the vision of offering standard software that simplifies the work processes of transport and logistics companies and makes them more efficient. Around 40 years later, BDK has grown from a one-man business to a business with a large customer base. The software solutions ensure reliable and efficient everyday work for over 100 transport companies. BDK was acquired by Valsoft and now operates under Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, which operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry.”
The successful candidate will live anywhere within commutable distance of our office in Kreuzlingen, Switzerland, working in a hybrid role from our office and from home!
What your day will look like:
- Active support for existing and new customers in the field of warehouse logistics and transport in 1st and 2nd level support for the company's own software
- Independent planning and realization of project-related customer orders
- Preparation and implementation of customer presentations and training courses for existing and new customers on-site and/or by telephone
- Independent conception, introduction and maintenance of internal training documents in Confluence
- Creation and maintenance of documentation and training documents
- Testing, installation and maintenance of software and hardware at the customer and on customer servers
- Implementation of technical problem solutions, such as in the area of data management with SQL and interfaces
- Close cooperation and exchange with internal and external 3rd-level support
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer support role, ideally in Transportation and Logistics
- Competent prioritisation and organisational skills to serve incoming client requests
- Ability to manage client expectations in a dynamic work environment
- Self-starter, able to show initiative in designing and implementing new processes
- Clear passion for supporting customers
- Fluency in German is a must, plus English communication skills are highly desired
- Legally authorized to work in Germany
For information about BDK Informatik AG, please visit our website at www.bdk.ch
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.