Job Openings > Software Developer
Software Developer - Remote – North America
We are hiring at Dockmaster for a Software Developer to join our growing team in North America!
In this role, reporting directly to the Lead Developer, the Software Developer is a key member of the DockMaster development team. We are looking for a talented senior developer which has experience with both legacy and next gen software technologies and practices which is eager to bring significant contribution to help in innovation and evolve our product portfolio. With the skills and commitment to drive our products forward by helping to develop application features and improve our backend and database systems. This role is key for the growth of our marine sales and marine management software.
Like us, you will be passionate about your work and capable of delivering world-class outcomes. As well as your first-class development and database skills and track record, you will value on-time delivery of projects and be an engaging team player. The successful candidate will be highly organized, personable and with a results-driven attitude. A strong sense of your role’s importance to the continued success of DockMaster is vital.
Here is a little window into our company: Dockmaster was established 1984, our ethos has remained the same. We are a technology solutions company dedicated to the marina and marine industry. Dockmaster was acquired by Valsoft Corporation and is now part of the Aspire Software portfolio, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, which operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
This role is a remote position within North America working from home.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate or provide proof of a high level of competence and real-world experience in the following:
- Experience and ability to migrate and mix both old and new technologies into product solutions
- Experience and a very good understanding of MultiValue (PICK) databases
- Strong ability in optimizing queries and overall efficiency of databases
- Experience in developing on multiple platforms and using various frameworks
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Experience with CD/CI process
- Experience in providing time estimates for project work based on a feature specification and produce work accurately and in a timely manner
- Marine sales and/or marina management industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Rocket jBASE architecture required
- .Net (VB and C#), Visual Studio DevOps platform
- Cross platform mobile development with Xamarin, or development for both Android and iOS preferred
- API, REST, SOAP, very good knowledge of JSON and XML
- PCI / GDPR Security compliance
- Integrating with 3rd parties
- Cloud services, specifically AWS environments
Required personal attributes:
- Problem solver – ability to react and respond to a brief in cases, sometimes in live environments, where a different approach may be required
- Small business / small team mindset – sense of ownership and accountability for your work
- Good written and spoken English, ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and efficiently
- Ability to liaise with team members and key stakeholders professionally and effectively
- Self-motivated, with excellent time-management skills
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvement
- Learn new skills to perform other tasks in your general discipline
- Adhere to strict company practices and standards
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills
- Legally authorized to work in the USA or Canada
For further information about Dockmaster, you can visit our website at www.dockmaster.com