Job Openings > DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer – Vienna - Austria
We are hiring at ASE Global for a DevOps Engineer to join our team!
This role involves supporting both internal and external customers, with a focus on infrastructure services for ASE Global Infrastructure and Hosting. You will oversee the organization's IT infrastructure on a global scale, giving particular attention to cloud services and security. Your responsibilities will include managing (sub)projects, contributing to the IT Transformation and IT Strategy, and being accountable for setting up, deploying, maintaining, and monitoring customer systems. Additionally, you will lead efforts to optimize and improve internal processes related to these tasks.
To deliver contractual obligations (SLA) to our clients within a designated timeline, we handle deployments ranging from standard product releases to hotfixes and customer-specific configurations or changes, guaranteeing the secure operation of hosted customer systems.
Here is a little window into our company: Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We've got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for over 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses, and the major brands.
What your day will look like:
- Engage in the maintenance and monitoring of customer systems.
- Coordinate deployments and communicate downtimes of customer systems.
- Analyze operational problems, outages, and performance issues in customer systems; handover to development if necessary.
- Document standard operational processes, system changes, and individual customer setups/configurations.
- Support specialist teams and implement our projects related to migrating on-premises systems to cloud hosting in AWS and Azure.
- Provide operational requirements for product changes and identify operational risks/concerns within new product features or changes.
- Ensure thorough documentation of deployments and operational process inconsistencies/issues/concerns for follow-up and/or resolution by the rest of the team.
- Identify and document potential risks and issues in conjunction with the department head to determine mitigation strategies.
- Support the Testing team in preparing test/integration system environments.
- Support the development team in operations needs and, in the optimization/automation of processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all operations-related functionality.
- Actively participate in required team meetings and provide feedback and updates to the team.
- Actively participate in ensuring the project is on schedule, on budget, and stays within scope.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts for implementation tools and processes.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings.
- Sound technical education or professional experience in software engineering/DevOps.
- Experience with the operation of Microsoft infrastructure solutions (IIS, Windows Server, SQL Server).
- Experience with the operation of Microsoft Azure infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in SQL and maintenance of database systems.
- Talent for error analysis and debugging.
- Self-reliant, structured, and precise work style.
- Very good command of English in both written and spoken form.
- Good command of German in both written and spoken form is an advantage.
- Experience in continuous integration and/or delivery solutions.
- Experience in automation (PowerShell knowledge) is an advantage.
- Experience with Linux is an advantage.
- Experience with Docker is an advantage.
- Experience with Prometheus, Graylog, and Grafana is an advantage.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Lens, and Juju is an advantage.
For information about ASE Global, please visit our website at www.ase-global.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.