Job Openings > Medical Billing Specialist
Medical Billing Specialist – Remote – US
We are hiring at Aspire Software for a Medical Billing Specialist to join our team!
We seek a Medical Biller who must be a self-starter who can work under pressure and handle multiple functions. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical. Adherence to laws, such as HIPAA, and best practices regarding dealing with data is required. Must be comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information and have a comprehensive understanding of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD10 codes. Also, must be able to conduct business in a professional manner. Previous experience as a medical biller is necessary, as is an understanding of medical and dental terminology and billing practices, a high degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness. At least one year of experience in a medical or insurance organization is preferred.
Here is a little window into our company: MacPractice has created best-of-class medical, dental and chiropractic software for macOS and iOS. MacPractice was acquired by Valsoft and now operates under the Aspire Software portfolio, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Mission and vision: Enhancing profitability for healthcare professionals through savvy revenue management and steadfast customer service.
The successful candidate can live anywhere in the US, working remotely from home!
What your day will look like:
- Full cycle end-to-end medical billing processing and submission
- Ensure all medical and dental claims are submitted
- Payment posting
- Update accounts receivable with new accounts or missed payments
- Check the validity of debit accounts
- Send statements
- Follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions, or exclusions in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries from insurance companies
- Communicate with clients via email or telephone regarding their accounts
- Document all communication with clinics
- Keep the Billing Manager abreast of challenges regarding billing obstacles
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the manager
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Biller or similar role is essential
- We seek a Medical Biller who must be a self-starter who can work under pressure and handle multiple functions
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical
- Adherence to laws, such as HIPAA, and best practices regarding dealing with data is required
- Must be comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information and have a comprehensive understanding of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD10 codes
- Must be able to conduct business in a professional manner
- Previous experience as a Medical Biller is necessary, as is an understanding of Medical and Dental terminology and billing practices
- A high degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- At least one year of experience in a medical or insurance organization is preferred
- Commitment and a desire to deliver services and solve issues in a quick and timely manner
- The ability to support and maintain good relationships with all colleagues, providing a professional approach at all times
- Excellent communication skillset
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, is essential
- Legally authorised to work in the US
For information about MacPractice, please visit our website at www.macpractice.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.