Job Openings > IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator – Hybrid – Barcelona
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Systems Administrator to join our team at Aspire Software in Spain. As an IT Systems Administrator, your primary objective will be to work closely with our IT Manager, involving you in planning and executing strategic projects such as server migration to the cloud, analyzing and enhancing infrastructure, and thoroughly documenting processes and procedures. Additionally, you will be responsible for efficiently managing incidents through our ticketing system. We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills and a collaborative mindset to contribute practical solutions to the current challenges of the IT department.
Here is a little window into our company: T-Innova was acquired by Valsoft and now operates under the Aspire Software portfolio. Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry!”
The successful candidate will be based anywhere within commutable distance of our office in Castelldefels, Barcelona, working in a hybrid work model!
What your day will look like:
- Collaborate with the support team: Work with the Support Director to effectively resolve customer issues and provide timely assistance. Your expertise in system administration will contribute to quick and efficient incident resolution, ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot and analyze root cause: Dive deep into incidents, identify the underlying causes, and perform thorough root cause analysis. Your analytical skills will help us understand the intricacies of the issues, allowing us to implement effective solutions and prevent future occurrences.
- Improve cloud deployments: Actively participate in the execution of cloud deployments, working closely with the deployment team. Your system administration knowledge will enable you to contribute to the optimization and streamlining of our deployment processes, reducing errors and enhancing efficiency.
- System administration tasks: Responsibilities encompassing both our cloud and physical infrastructure. You will be tasked with conducting preventive maintenance activities, actively monitoring both cloud and physical systems, optimizing configurations, ensuring seamless operations, and managing migrations between cloud providers and from physical to the cloud.
- Documentation tasks: In addition to your system administration responsibilities, you will play a crucial role in the analysis and documentation of tasks and processes within the IT department. This involves closely examining existing workflows, identifying potential areas for improvement, and documenting standard operating procedures (SOPs) to enhance overall efficiency. Your contribution to this aspect of the role will be vital in ensuring transparency, knowledge transfer, and the establishment of best practices within the IT department.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT systems administration, with a focus on troubleshooting complex issues and performing root cause analysis
- Proficiency in infrastructure monitoring, particularly with Zabbix or similar tools
- Advanced knowledge of networking principles and technologies
- Expertise in managing and administering web servers, including Apache HTTP and Nginx
- Proficient in administering both Windows and Linux servers, with experience in virtualization technologies like Proxmox
- Demonstrated ability to provide continuous support to customers regarding system performance, outages, and incident resolution
- Experience in managing cloud deployments and migrations, along with overseeing backup policies
- Skilled in the administration of internal networks, VPNs, firewalls, and load balancers, with knowledge of HAProxy, MikroTIK, PFSense, or similar technologies
- Experience in domain administration and managing digital certificates
- Commitment to maintaining and updating IT technical documentation
- Educational background in computer systems and network administration (ASIX) or a related field
- Strong communication skills to provide effective Level 2 support and liaison between departments
- Additional skills in communications, computer engineering, server infrastructure, and server virtualizations
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English, with the ability to communicate effectively at a professional level, is essential
- Legally authorized to work in Spain
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.