Job Openings > Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator – Remote – UK
We are hiring at Aspire Software for a Systems Administrator to join our growing team in the UK!
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to support the infrastructure service and security requirements within a team for our group of companies. Guaranteeing collaboration, high availability, redundancy, and security are met while continuing to look for cost-effective and efficient solutions and improvements.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is “Be Humble, Stay Hungry!”
The successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK, working remotely from home or from any of our offices in the UK!
What your day will look like:
You will work with our Senior Systems Administration Manager and a group of talented staff across 12 different businesses to:
- Support employee and business on-boarding and off-boarding into the group
- Support, triage and mitigate security incidents
- Support and implement ISO accreditation frameworks
- Monitor infrastructure, identifying and reporting real-time or historical incidents
- Working with our business leaders to implement vulnerability management
- Be prepared to provide a Technical Escalation Point during security incidents, establishing the extent of an attack and the business impacts and advising on how best to contain the incident along with advice on systems hardening and mitigation measures to prevent a reoccurrence
- Maintain a keen understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the security of the infrastructure within the group
- As required, update documentation, processes, and procedures
- The ability to take on IT projects to simplify monitoring administration where possible and ensure security kept
- The ability to review, update, and secure infrastructure, looking for possible solutions to minimise the overall cost where possible
- Analyse security systems and seek improvements continuously
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity and infrastructure problems
- Understand software, hardware, and internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment
- Assist internal employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware, or IT needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computing or a related field, with substantial computing experience, is essential
- Practical experience in Linux Server Administration and Windows Server Administration
- Experience in using security assessment tools like Nessus or Greenbone is a plus
- Exposure to Cloud technologies Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge of working in compliance controls, processes, and frameworks (ISO27001, SOC2, NIST, CIS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation ability
- A will and desire to automate problems wherever possible
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, is essential
- Legally authorised to work in the UK
We prioritise a culture of self-management and independent working, and to that end, we provide you with a large amount of flexibility. We are remote-first, and whilst some aspects of the job may involve travelling around the UK (~5-10%), there is no requirement for you to be in an office or to commute on a regular basis.
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.