Job Openings > Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer – Hybrid - Angers
We are hiring at Octave for an experienced software developer to join our team based in France!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Developer to join our team to develop, maintain and enhance our retail ERP (incl. POS) software solution. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience working with the .NET Framework (MVVM, WPF, ASP.Net), .Net Core, C#, Microsoft SQL Server database and Azure cloud environment. Visual Basic knowledge is a plus.
Our company an omnichannel e-commerce solution provider based in Angers, France.
Here is a little window into our company: Octave was acquired by Valsoft and now operates under the Aspire Software portfolio. Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
The successful candidate will work in a hybrid role from our office in Angers and remotely from home!
What your day will look like:
- Design, develop, maintain, and enhance our ERP system using .NET, WPF, C#, Visual Basic, Microsoft SQL Server and Azure cloud environment
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while following best practices and coding standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, project managers, designers, and quality assurance team to deliver high-quality software products on time
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the software, provide solutions and implement fixes
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback to peers and mentor junior developers
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, best practices, and trends in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working with the .NET Framework (MVVM, WPF, ASP.Net), .Net Core, C#, Microsoft SQL Server database and Azure cloud environment
- Visual Basic knowledge is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex problems and propose solutions
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with software design patterns and architectural principles
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with software development tools and technologies such as Git, JIRA, Visual Studio, GitHub, GitHub Actions, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French
- Legally authorized to work in France
For information about Octave, please visit our website at www.octave.biz
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.