Job Openings > Managing Director - Logistics Enterprise Software
Aspire Software is looking to hire a Managing Director (MD) to operate one of our Software businesses and potentially a vertical!
This position provides critical operational leadership to a company and potentially a portfolio of companies within a growing software vertical. As leader and manager of a Business Unit, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the business’s strategic plan spanning sales, R&D, customer service and professional services. Along with the rest of the Business Unit leadership team, the MD must identify, define, and execute the strategies required to achieve your growth plans and operating objectives with a focus on improving operational excellence.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
The successful candidate can based anywhere within commuting distance of our office in Munich, working in an On-site work model!
What your day will look like:
- Drive the sales team to increase new customer acquisitions and expand sales to existing clients
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence programs, generating industry trend reports to inform new feature and product development
Customer Care/Customer Success:
- Execute an effective, long-term customer success program for clients
- Implement and maintain client support initiatives
- Facilitate both in-house and client training sessions
- Monitor and document Customer Success metrics, including program usage, satisfaction levels, ticket throughput, and resolution
- Coordinate the administration of annual customer satisfaction surveys and other communication tools
Research and Development:
- Ensure clear product roadmaps are established, followed, and adapted to meet market needs
- Balance investment in R&D with maintenance efforts to maximize new customer growth and retain existing clients while maintaining efficient Customer Care and R&D operations
- Track Product Manager prioritization of R&D tasks, ensuring they are entered into the corporate system and executed by software developers
- Facilitate the growth of Product Managers by aligning their activities with job descriptions
Review with Senior Management and the team:
- Annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue results/forecasts and costs
- Participate in the development of internal department policies and programs to support quality and growth
- A natural ability to lead performance and financial health in a business
- Bring a proven entrepreneurial spirit and pace-setter traits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical or business discipline, MBA, or advanced degree, a plus
- 10+ years of direct cross-functional team management experience and P&L management
- 5+ years of executive-level experience in a vertical market software company
- Experience working in either a Software or Technology business as a COO, Managing Director or CEO
- Broad financial acumen across the organization (e.g., managing a P&L, understanding financial documents, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Ability to structure, analyze, and solve complex business problems, as well as deliver impact against concrete business goals
- Excellent Leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A 'roll up the sleeves' attitude towards problem-solving
- Goal-oriented with comfort in setting measurable goals for others and him/herself
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team
- Ability and willingness to create change, passion for continuous improvement
- 30% travel required for internal and customer meetings
- At least a professional level of German and English, both written and verbal, is essential
- Must be legally authorized to work in Germany
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.