Job Openings > Head of Finance
Aspire Software is looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Finance to join our team!
The Head of Finance will report to the Director of Finance in North America. This individual will coordinate and manage period-end close, budgeting and forecasting, statutory audits, and integrations of new businesses and ensure accurate financial reporting and analysis for a portfolio of acquired companies, as well as lead projects impacting their accounting and provide guidance on the more complex accounting issues.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
Our motto is 'Be Humble, Stay Hungry!'
The successful candidate will work remotely from home or from any of our offices in Germany, with occasional travel across Europe and the rest of the world!
What your day will look like:
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing the performance and risks of the portfolio
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (Accounting, FP&A, AR, AP)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Build and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts and track KPIs
- Monitor and analyze the performance strategies to identify areas of opportunity respond with action plans to ensure execution to meet and exceed financial targets
- Monitor the financial health of the portfolio and ensure positive cash flow
- Lead and organize the annual statutory audits and ensure all fillings are completed
- Develop strategies to increase return on investment and profitability
- Oversee and review accounting tasks, including tax and compliance
- Ensure effective financial internal controls and continually evaluate established policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the integration team of newly acquired companies by producing opening balances, complete financials, and onboarding on Valsoft finance procedures
- Maintain high-level interaction with the corporate finance department
- Actively participate in the processes related to the sale or acquisition of companies
- A qualified Financial Accountant with at least a bachelor's degree or above in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar is essential
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role, including at least 3+ years in team management, is essential
- Ability to manage risks by ensuring that effective and efficient internal controls are in place without compromising operational efficiency and flexibility
- Extensive knowledge and skill in multiple disciplines to be able to integrate them effectively and a capacity to understand and interpret conflicting goals and needs of diverse groups
- Fast learner and adaptable – time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite ERP (or similar) is considered an asset
- Ability to visualize efficient processes and implement them
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Being fluent in German and having at least a professional level of English, both written and verbal, is essential
- Must be legally authorized to work in Germany
For information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.