Job Openings > COBOL Senior Developer
Aspire Software is looking for a COBOL Senior Developer to join our team in Lebanon.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
What your day will look like:
• Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
• Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
• Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
• Construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy
• Help the team to define the roadmap and make decisions
• College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program
• Experience in COBOL 85
• Experience in using the GIT software management program, including advanced features such as rebasing, reset, reflog, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
• Excellent verbal and written English communications skills
• Familiarity with MicroFocus ACUCOBOL GT
• Familiar with Linux development environment
• Experience in an Agile environment including continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
• Familiarity with Perl, C++, GO
• Familiarity with Docker
• Familiarity with IBM WebSphere MQ
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• Knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends
• Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium