Job Openings > Head of Finance
Head of Finance - Hybrid - Montreal
Aspire Software is looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Finance to join our team!
The Head of Finance will report to the Head of Strategic Finance in our Headquarters in Montreal. This individual will coordinate and manage period-end close, budgeting/forecasting, statutory audits, integrations of new businesses and ensure accurate financial reporting and analysis for a portfolio of acquired companies, as well as lead projects impacting their accounting and provide guidance on the more complex accounting issues.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
The successful candidate will be based in Montreal, working in a hybrid setting.
What your day will look like:
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing the performance and risks of the portfolio.
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (Accounting, FP&A, AR, AP).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Build and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts and track KPIs.
- Monitor and analyze the performance strategies to identify areas of opportunity, respond with action plans to ensure execution to meet and exceed financial targets.
- Monitor financial health of portfolio and ensure positive cash-flow.
- Lead and organize the annual statutory audits and ensure all fillings are completed.
- Develop strategies to increase return on investment and profitability.
- Oversee and review accounting tasks including tax and compliance.
- Ensure effective financial internal controls and continually evaluate established policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the integration team during the acquisition of a company to ensure the adequate setup of the finance structure.
- Maintain high-level interaction with the corporate finance department.
- Actively participate in the processes related to the sale or acquisition of companies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage risks by ensuring that effective and efficient internal controls are in place without compromising operational efficiency and flexibility.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in multiple disciplines to be able to integrate them effectively.
- Capacity to understand and interpret conflicting goals and needs of diverse groups.
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role, including at least 3+ years in team management.
- Fast-learner and adaptable – time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite ERP or similar (asset).
- Ability to visualize efficient processes and implement them.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
Valsoft Employee Perks:
- Growth and Development Opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Unlimited vacation after 1 year.
- Annual Wellness Benefit.
- Training Reimbursement Program.
For more information about Aspire Software, please visit our website at https://www.aspiresoftware.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.