Job Openings > Senior SQL Developer
Aspire Software is looking for a Senior SQL Developer ( Hybrid Position ) to join our team in Lebanon.
Here is a little window into our company: Aspire Software, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, operates and manages Valsoft’s global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
What your day will look like:
• Develop and maintain complex MariaDB databases with a focus on improving performance and scalability.
• Design and implement views, stored procedures, triggers, functions, events, and optimized queries to facilitate efficient data manipulation and retrieval.
• Utilize JSON data interchange format within MariaDB for seamless data integration and manipulation.
• Lead initiatives to refactor existing client-side code, transitioning to more efficient server-side solutions.
• Create robust APIs for seamless communication between the MariaDB server and various client applications.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand needs and translate them into effective database solutions.
• Proactively identify and implement database optimizations and best practices.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of MariaDB features and best practices, applying them to improve existing systems.
• Work with high transaction databases, ensuring high performance and reliability under demanding conditions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in database development, specifically with MariaDB.
• Proficient in creating and managing views, stored procedures, and writing optimized queries in MariaDB.
• Strong experience with JSON and its integration within MariaDB.
• Demonstrated ability in refactoring client-side code to server-side implementations in database environments.
• Experience in developing APIs for database interactions.
• Knowledge of SkySQL is advantageous but not mandatory.
• Experience working with high transaction databases is highly desirable.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
• Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in a cloud environment
• Knowledge of the hospitality industry and related business rules desired.
• Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet deadlines.
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with professional development best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• Knowledge of PCI secure coding practices and adhering to standards for securing cardholder data
• Ability to adapt quickly and learn new technologies.
• Ability to work independently